Monday, January 02, 2006

POD 2: Rose Parade in the Rain

I forgot to mention this yesterday but then I totally forgot even though I posted pictures. I'm doing another POD for January...someone started another challenge in the Pub.

Anyways.


THAT just about sums up my morning. We got press passes for the Rose Parade (gotta love being media) and it POURED. Apparently, it rained for the first time on parade day in about 50 years (it's usually on New Years, but since it was on Sunday this year it was today). And this just happened to be the year that I got to go. Anyways. I wasn't planning to go, we got the form, filled it out, and didn't hear from them for awhile so I just forgot about it....then Kate called me up last night and was like "soooo tomorrow." And so I went. We got there superlate (didn't feel like going at 7:30, yep) but happened to catch about half the parade. We were DRENCHED. Imagine if we were there for the whole thing, then again it wasn't raining as hard when the parade kicked off.

Color is off but I had it on manual from yesterday and forgot to fix it. I didn't WANT to either, I was trying to keep my camera as dry as possible and this was a quickie.

Here are a couple of floats. My creziness told me I had to take pictures since it's not everyday I get to go to the Rose Parade - (click to enlarge)




Obviously, it's been pouring here. On the way home, some of the streets were half-flooded. It was crazy. I wasn't driving but GEEZ. There was this SUV next to us going pretty fast and he just about sent up a wave that just COVERED our car. WHOA. I tried to get a picture of the crazy amount of water, but that is all I got. hah.

14 comments:

Kelley said...

Glad you are home and now dry! What a memory those photos will make!

Dar said...

Sorry it rained on your parade and for the cliche too.

monica said...

How lucky you are to do the things you do, how fun that parade must have been even though you got soaked.

Jess said...

great pictures!

*Paula* said...

Wow..that was some rain. You got some great shots despite it!

Mandy said...

Love all the float pictures!

edwilliams0119 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

Gary said...

It's always nice to have a press pass. Sometimes it can even get you free food and beverages.

Kat said...

i know, the rain has been INSANE!!!!!!!! so much fun that you got to go to the rose parade. i think i went when i was 5........... do you get to go to the game, too? hope you're dried up : )

Jessica F said...

How fun that you got to go! For years now I say I want to go the day or two before when you can see them working on the floats, but always forget to actually go. I could not believe the rain we've had! Yesterday I drove from LA to OC to meet my mom and was scared to be on the freeway!

RACHEL =) said...

OH, how fun that must've been to go to the parade, even though it was rainy!!!! Loved watching it on TV. You took great pictures!! =)

Erin said...

omg, it literally rained on your parade!
lol...
i bet you had a great time anyway!

nadine said...

holy rain!!!

Alexandra Wieckowski said...

Wow! Those floats are great!!!