Sunday, January 08, 2006

POD 7 amd 8: Creative Chaos and Sunday Ads



Above is what my scrap space looked like last night. Actually, it almost always looks like that. The picture only shows half my desk but the other half is equally messy. I'm supposed to be doing homework/studying there when I'm not scrapping, but I usually end up doing it in my bed or on the computer, anyways. I guess I work better through the chaos? But as I accumulate more and more stuff, I keep thinking "I need a method to organize this."


This is the stack of the Sunday L.A. Times. On weekdays, I grab the sports page first, then scan the front page and California section, reading whatever catches my eye, but on Sundays I head straight for the ads, especially Target. I'm not sure why, but I always have. It's not like I'm rushing out to buy stuff as soon as I grab the ad, but...yeah.

It's back to school tmorrow for me. I'm not looking forward to it because we have this weird 6-week winter semester (sort of like summer school) and that means two 3-hour classes for me....and on Tues/Wed/Thurs I go until 6 and have a stupid, awkward 2-hour gap between classes. Ugh. I hate those gaps.

These 3.5 weeks of break just FLEW BY. Seriously. Where did all that time go? Pfft.

9 comments:

sara*w said...

omigosh, caroline!!! i'm...having...a...heart-attack... looking at your space! no wonder you're so creative! ;)

Erin said...

omg...
your space is too funny!!!!
how do you ever find anything?!?!
lol...

Kat said...

i'm totally the same way, my space never stays clean!!!!!!
yeah, the past few weeks have SERIOUSLY flown by!!!!!

Lorrie said...

Lol. I'm so anal retentive I would never be able to find anything... but most of the seriously super creative people I've met have scrap areas just like that. I think I keep mine toooo neat... I'm afraid to scrap because I might mess it up! LOL!!!!

Mandy said...

Your space looks like mine!!Desk and all...lol

Alexandra Wieckowski said...

I love creative chaos ... I tend to live in it quite often.

tania said...

oh my. i'm having a panic attach just looking at that "mess". heeeheee.....seriously though....how do you find anything?

Jocelyn said...

You pretty much stole a picture of my space. The clean version of my space. With cuter paper!

Chris-el-da said...

better to have a creative mess than idle neatness

at least that's what i remind the parental units when they start harpin' about my stuff all over the kitchen table...