Friday, January 20, 2006

PODs 17-20

Thanks for the lovin'. It means a lot to me! I'm so excited!

And with that I bring you pictures!

I keep getting behind lately. Need to start doing the daily thing again.

So...


Jan. 17

My cell phone. But when that thing went off....boy, it was huge. Actually, when it went off, I was in the newspaper office talking to Nadine and Breanne about it...started seeing the tooting in the pub....then all of a sudden my phone went off. When I saw the number on my caller ID, I pretty much knew right there that I made it. Although, when I was on the phone, I was still in shock. Afterwards, I thought I was dreaming or something. It was surreal. I couldn't stop shaking. It was so huge. Especially considering I kept getting rejection after rejection after rejection....from everyone! It was getting really, REALLY frustrating. Seeing all the tooting in the Pub from whatever and me not getting one....of course I was happy for those people who got them, but at the same time I kept thinking "and why not me?!" Sometimes I wanted to give up. Sometimes I started doubting myself. But at the same time, I didn't want to change my scrapping. It made me who I was and I LIKED the way I was scrapping. And when people would tell me "your time is coming"....well, I never believed any of that either, because it just WASN'T happening AT ALL. When I sent off my SBA entry, I did it without expecting anything. I didn't think I had any chance, it was one of those "okay I'm going to send something in for the heck of it" type of things. So it was huge for me.

Anyways, to end my novel....for those of you that feel the same way I was feeling....all I can tell you is to keep on submitting, keep doing what you do, keep pushing yourself.

Okay, moving right along...



This is an extra one...we were doing cultural artifact speeches in speech class...and one girl did Chinese New Year and demonstrated some game her family plays. Anyways, I won one of these red envelopes...with money inside. So. You could say. Tuesday was a very lucky day.


Jan. 18

This is half of my keyboard. No specific reason why I took a picture of it....except, I was banging away on it trying to finish up my poetry paper. Did I tell you poetry makes me feel really stupid? And that I really hate writing about it?


Jan. 19

Okay, confession...this was not taken yesterday. But I was in no condition to take pictures yesterday....did I tell you I really hate being a girl sometimes?! GRRRRR. Anyhow. I took this with a LO in mind. I was specifically looking for a purple flower too, and I found one walking down the street today. Why a flower? You shall see sooon......


Jan. 20

I went to Borders today...love bookstores. Love sitting there, making my way through a huge stack of magazines (it's usually bigger than this), drinking a cup of coffee...Makes me happy. Makes me relaxed. Love it.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Are we twins, dude?
I LOVE Borders and reading magazines in the cafe. And I'm waiting for Chinese New Year- I have a ton of those red envelopes. We even have the same keyboard! (the last one especially shows that we're twins)

Congrats again for making the team!! That's SO exciting. (FOr you, and I'm excited for you!)

nadine said...

i love magazines too. if i had the money i would subscribe to sooooooo many. one day maybe.

and you totally have the same keyboard as my parents.

Chris-el-da said...

awwwww!
me likey the mags
sometimes i see your pics and then think! hey! that's like mine
of course, now i can't post them cause i would just be a copy cat!

you RAWK kathy

does anyone ever ask why i call you that???

Kat said...

i love borders, too. and i hate poetry. or not hate it, just suck at it.......
so stoked for you still! and cant' wait to see how you use the purple flower......

Erin said...

i'm so happy for you girl!
you're time is NOW!
i'm so happy that scrapping is changing into an artform thanks to chicks like you!

RACHEL =) said...

OH CAROLINE... AGAIN, SO HAPPY FOR YOU, GIRL!! AND I AM SOOOOOO FEELING EVERYTHING YOU SAID, JUST REALLY DISCOURAGED LATELY!! BUT I'LL KEEP TRYING!

LOVE THE PICS, ESP. THAT FLOWER, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO WITH IT!!! =)