Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I complain a lot about it....but I will miss this.



Well, with tomorrow's issue...my career with the Courier is officially over.

It feels kind of weird, actually. No more late Wednesdays. Wow.

It's been a stressful, eventful, and fun-filled 4 semesters (2 years). I contemplated quitting, I contemplated not coming back for this spring semester...but I'm glad I did. I stressed out over it, I almost got sued, I got lazy, I procrastinated, I almost crumbled under deadline. But it was all an amazing experience.

All the crazy times. All the hell sheets (for those who don't know what they are, they are these marked-up sheets that they hang in the front of newsroom with all the mistakes, etc.). The uncooperative and difficult sources. The crazy people who write crazy letters or come into the newsroom threatning to...well do lots of things. Ditching class or skipping lunch because I had to finish my story/page. Food/coffee runs with humongous orders, and everyone staring at me on the street. The fun-filled days at JACC. The awards. The scandals. The fluff. The drama. My G5. Quark. Calling the printer. The webcam. Crazy photogs. All the red marks on an edited copy. Hate mail. Fan mail. Blowing away the guys on staff with my sports knowledge. Yelling at people. Over-caffienating myself and getting on this crazy caffiene high, only to have my energy crash and wanting to pass out shortly after. Staying in the newsroom as late as 11 on Wednesdays. Getting frustrated while editing the stories of people who simply cannot write well. Depending on a story for your page....only to have it fall through and then having to frantically figure out how to fill the hole left. My Courier e-mail. The people. Oh yeah, most definitely importantly the people who I worked with.

I'm going to miss it all.

There were some times which the paper became unbearable. There were times I thought I couldn't take it anymore.

But in the end....it was all worth it. Every little bit of it. And I will miss it. But I will cherish all the memories I made while I was on staff.

I'm pretty sure I'll be continuing on the media career path (for now anyway), so I'm sure I'm going to end up doing this somewhere else.

But this first experience writing for publication. Yes, that will definitely stand out in my mind as most memorable.

14 comments:

Sophia C. said...

Decisions like this are so hard because you know that they are the "forks" in your life's path! Good luck with your future, whatever it may bring! Caroline!

Sophia

Adrienne said...

Good luck with whatever you decided to do next!

Chris-el-da said...

bigger and better

Michelle W. said...

awww...

I remember coming back to comment! I deserve an award! LOL

Michelle

nadine said...

this sounds really weird but i'm sad for you for being done at the paper. it seems to be so much a part of you. but chriselda is right, on to bigger and better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I congratulate all Soon Christmas
Here some sites about the Christmases, a lot of interesting here
new year celebration
christmas gift
santa claus email
new year
christmas card
christmas flower
christmas
christmas tree
christmas ornament
christmas song
happy new year
chinese new year

Anonymous said...

This is a great website! Easy to find helpful information. Your web site is helpful. I will be back!
- www.blogger.com l
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

Anonymous said...

I am really excited! This will be my first time visiting, good stuff. Very useful. Enjoyed the visit!
- www.blogger.com 6
download ringtone
cell phone ringtone
free ringtone
ringtone
real music ringtone
polyphonic ringtone
linkin park ringtone
madonna ringtone
lil wayne ringtone
eminem ringtone
50 cent ringtone