Wednesday, December 06, 2006

a day-in-the-life of me...

a story told through 36 photos.

so i finally did alison's challenge on skulls, which i failed miserably at last week.

let's begin.

i woke up around 8:15-ish. i did not take an alarm clock shot this time.


8:35 a.m.- coffee. the breakfast of choice. or at least as close to breakfast as i come.


8:50 a.m.- a bit of compy time before leaving for class.

so speaking of class...i did not go to my women's lit class all last week because the book we were supposed to be reading did not arrive from amazon until thursday. which would be a problem. so anyway. my book showed up, and i was ready to show up. so i do. only to find out that i had forgot to run out of the door with my book. DUH. IDIOT.


10:10 a.m.- late. oops, i did it again! i have class in a meeting room. ha.

i then proceeded to learn that the class had finished the book already, so i had to fake it during discussion. i think i succeeded.


11:25 a.m.- got a stack of papers back. which included this. this being the homework i procrastinated on, only to go to class and find out it wasn't due that day. yay.


11:42 a.m. - i despise the campus bookstore. especially because their prices are ridiculous (i buy my books from other bookstores near campus. or i just don't buy it. or i buy on amazon and have it arrive late). the only time i go to the bookstore is when i need scantrons or blue books. i needed a blue book, so i spent my 32 cents and got out of there.


11:44 a.m. - i wasn't paying much attention when i took this. but seriously. this lies. it was not 71 degrees. 81 was more like it. then again, this thing is in the shade....


12:05 p.m. - oh tar-jay. how i love thee...



12:15 p.m. - specifically, i was there to buy this top, which i'd been eyeing for a few weeks. i tried it on just to made sure it fit, but it was love at first sight. and it fit.


i'd originally wanted this color, but they only had mediums....


12:48 p.m. - so much good stuff all in one place. i really love these shoes. i almost bought them, but i felt guilty about buying 2 pairs of shoes over thanksgiving. but i have a feeling that these are eventually going to be mine...


1:20 p.m. - home again. had to call in my grandma's prescriptions. can i tell you how much i despise the automated phone voice at CVS? at least it's more tolerable than the annoying woman voice that sav-on had. haha.


1:43 p.m. - lunchtime. omelette rice. my once-a-week thing. so my mother sees me with my camera and goes "what are you taking a picture of?" so i'm like "lunch. i have to follow myself around with a camera all day." so she's like "WAIT. don't take it yet. i have to prettify it," and brings out those veggies. hahah.


2:30 p.m. - i needed a nappy. excuse the messy bed...


4:00 p.m. - rise and shine and off to ups. i swear, it took forever. and they almost made me pay for freaking packaging (the for sale one - they were like oh, we only have overnite envelopes). i was like "uhhhh NO." fedex@kinkos is much easier, because it's self-serve until you go pay.


4:27 p.m. - i had a boba craving. passed by quickly's and decided to pick up a tapioca milk tea. only $1.25. but tapex is so much better. oh well, it took care of my craving.


4:45 p.m. - randomly decided to go to j's. and i found these -


not like i needed more paper, especially KI paper...but $12 with coupon (i had one on me). and the tin is cool. so i got it. i am SO bad.


5:27 p.m. - home again. afternoon coffee.


5:36 p.m. - two peas.


5:37 p.m - mom's origami.



6:17 p.m. - i followed my mother around the kitchen.


6:31 p.m. - sudoku time. my daddy kept making fun of me :( grrrrrr.


6:42 p.m. - my parents ignoring me whilst reading the paper. that's okay, though, because i can take pictures of them without them noticing me. ha!


7:12 p.m. - dinner is fish (sole), potatoes and green beans. and leftover mexican rice from the other day. i didn't feel like white rice.


7:42 p.m. - laundry! i was starting to run out of clothes and undies.


8:59 p.m. - laundry in the dryer and chilling out to music on the compy. the light from the monitor makes me look soooo pale, though.


9:37 p.m. - meanwhile, i showered and got the laundry out of the dryer. my laundry is now screaming "fold me, dude." i hate folding. haha. i do it way later.


9:39 p.m. - stick some panic at the disco in the CD and....


9:43 - scrapped. with the those were the days kit. and yes, i FINALLY bought myself a paper trimmer. like last week. cheapo one, but a trimmer nonetheless.


11:08 - scanning and sending to kirsten.


11:23 p.m. - catching up on reading and homework.


12:10 a.m. - i usually watch leno, but discovered that patrick dempsey was on letterman. i found out that it was a rerun, but mcdreamy is mcdreamy. *le sigh*



12:20 a.m. - a midnight snack...literally. asian mango drink and asian cocoa puffs. mmmm.

after that -
i started this blog entry
went to bed around 1:15 ish.

and that, folks, was my day.

:)

14 comments:

Jamie K said...

yay!!
I am so liking that top from Target. I think I might get myself one if I can get out of the house today.
and seeing your pic of milk tea makes me want one. there's one within walking distance of me too.
love it Caro.
now go study.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,

I've tagged you! Check out my blog when you get a chance!

www.documentingus.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Bethany

Vee said...

I liked that top too
what an awesome day!!

nadine said...

a very exciting day indeed!

maggie Holmes said...

how fun!! loved this!
love that shirt too! you look so cute in it!!

Jocelyn said...

you did SO MUCH.
making me feel slight/extremely
unproductive.

LOVE that shirt on you girl.

Kristi Sauer said...

What a cool entry!

Anonymous said...

this was so fun!

your photos were great...and that target top is the bomb :o)

Linda said...

everytime I come by, I learn something! LOL! I didn't know Calpico made mango flavored drink!

BTW, love the top!

PROLIX from la Normandie said...

wow!
you've got so much energy gal!
is it the mango juice, your secret???
;oD

{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rani said...

sooo cool! what a great way to capture your day! Gonna have to try this some time!!!

michelleguray said...

i loved following you around virtually! love the pics! i want boba now!

Kelly said...

i have that target shirt!
the pink one ;)
so cute on you!