Sunday, February 04, 2007

pretty pretty flowers

i took a little stroll to the hutington library the other day (it's free on the first thursday of the month) to take pictures. they have these gorgeous botanical gardens (among other things, but i ran to the gardens).











can you tell i really liked the japanese blossoms? ha.
i need to go back next month.

i'm starting to really like shooting in manual now. even though half the time i forget to set some aspect of it (usually the white balance or ISO) and it takes me a while to figure out what's set wrong. still, it's fun. it's been just over a month since i got this baby, and i'm just LOVING it more every time i take it out for a whirl.

finally started feeling the scrapping mojo come back to me this weekend. here's a digi-


i also baked a batch of really yummy muffins on friday. apple cinammon. and my mission is to get the whole world addicted to them. or at least crave them. that's what me and linda try to do all the time (or at least to each other) ;)



:)

19 comments:

michelleguray said...

beautiful beautiful pics, caroline! i haven't been to the huntington library in years. i forgot how nice it was there.

Alison said...

Saw the pics on Flickr and loved them
Love them here too
So pretty!

Caroline's Valentine said...

the pictures are GORGEOUS caroline!!

Adrienne " A little dramatic at times" said...

Beautiful pictures! Really makes me ready for spring!

Zee said...

That second picture is stunning, they are all great but that one just popps out. Love the layout too! You've been a busy girl. Oh, I loaded the dishwasher this weekend, that's gotta count for something...LOL.

Christy said...

Those photos are gorgeous, C! I would love to go there sometime to see in person. Oooh, and I LOVE the lo! Awesome photography *AND* scrappin' skills... sigh, what's that like? lol! :)

Jocelyn said...

WOW GORGEOUS pictures!!!

angieoh! said...

wow!!! i love those flower photos!!!

Pound said...

hey those aren't cherry blossoms, they're PEACh =P~~

nice pics though.

and i'll be brain. you be pinky. try and take over the worllllddd! through various food items!

Janique from Switzerland said...

so beautiful pictures !! And I love your LO !!

Shirls said...

omg! love the pics of the blossoms and the bridge. you are getting really good at this photography stuff:)

melissa said...

WOWZERS Caroline those photos are gorgeous!! absolutely love the layout too. ;)

that muffin sounds and looks really yummy..shame on you for enabling

Debi said...

Well, wowee! Those are some awesome photos, Caroline... REALLY stunning! And, the layout is so pretty and the muffins... I'm drooling! (OK, not really but you know what I mean!) :)

jamie K said...

yeah I love those pictures as well. that second one really struck me. I've never been to the Huntington Library, so I will have to go and take some pics myself!!

have you ever had the apple cinnamon muffins from claim Jumpers? oh yeah, those are good too.

and I'm gonna get the cream cheese jello recipe from my brother and make it and post a pic of it. so i will help take over the world with food with you.

EK said...

Oh my gosh! Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous and your photos are superb! Awesome LO too! You're so multi-talented! :)

Trisha L. said...

omg! your photos are absolutely goregeous!!

amy said...

wow what gorgeous pics! wow.

nadine said...

that first picture is stunning!

RACHEL =) said...

You take some AWESOME pictures, girl!! Love these!!! :)