Thursday, May 24, 2007

wednesday night bonfire/BBQ

oh yes. fun with fire and food again. we had a bonfire/BBQ at tri's last week and it was totally fun...so the boys decided they wanted to do it again. this time with some more food (including s'mores! whoo hoo!) and a few more people.

i totally gave up on trying to take photos in pitch darkness last time...but with the help of a little fluorescent lamp and the fire itself, i tried to experiment a little.
















(he kind of looks like he's being eaten by the fire. haha)


(there's some weird distortion going on here. i don't know why but i can't fix it. it might have something to do with the editing, though.)

good times, good times.

my mother and my aunt came back from japan today (i guess it would be yesterday, technically) and i am rather happy. did i mention they came with japanese snacks?

i think i've made up my mind about which lens to get next. hopefully, it will be in my hands in the next few weeks! :)

have a good one :0

11 comments:

Brian L. said...

Yay! You didn't use the hideous picture of me! *hugs*

Tara (aka AbbysMomma) said...

Great photos!!! Looks like you had lots of fun. :)

Sarah said...

Wonderful Photography!! I love a good BBQ!!

Christen said...

I like the B&W photos the best!

Hillary Heidelberg said...

Hey caro-nice pics!

Pink Pixels said...

Your experiment worked. Beautiful shots! I love pics by firelight. Hard to get but when they work- watchout!

TIP! S'mores made with reeses peanut butter cups are the bomb!

Eminepala said...

Gorgeous photo's... And that guy looks really funny on that picture ;) And your comment is HILARIOUS...

xoxo
Emine

Pound said...

dude my bonfire pics SUCK. like you can't even see people. just blurry fire. those are good.

p.s. i swear i'm going to a dodger game soon. as soon as i get me a babysitter so we can do ayce pavillion =P

LeXiee said...

Awesome photos!! I want a new camera!! hehe

tessa'en said...

Hello, first time visting your blog! You have so many great layouts!!

april said...

Love the pics! I tried to take some at a bonfire a couple years ago and gave up.