Tuesday, August 14, 2007

meteors, red velvet, and sneakiness.

what i've been up to:

- i finally bought a router so i'm now wireless. it rocks. how did i live without it? (elaine says that now i'm really officially in the 21st century).

- we had meteor showers the other night. so we went up into the mountains to see them. we saw a bunch - but i couldn't make a wish because they went by too fast. blink, and you miss them. and i didn't get any on film because that's near impossible (unless you have a cable/remote release). i got some sky shots, in which stars came out as specks, but i think it's kinda cool:

- we had the urge to make cupcakes today (in this 90+ degree, humid weather). personally, i really wanted to use this and this (is that bad? hee). we went to every supermarket in town to find liquid food coloring, and finally found it at an asian market (who knew?)...but it wasn't enough, so our red velvet cupcakes aren't red enough. still good. i think cris did most of the work, but if me and amy did it...we would just mess everything up. hah.




good times.

the finished product:




- yesterday was the sneak peek day for studio calico so i get to share mine. i have to say that the september kit is AWESOME and i haven't really scrapped with anything else since it arrived -








have a good one! :)

25 comments:

scrapcat said...

can't wait to get the SC kit - looks as yummy as those cupcakes!
btw, thanks for the links to those cupcake digi kits!
definitely on my wish list now!

jess said...

those cupcakes look soooo yummy!! So do your sneak peaks!!
Xx Jess

melissa said...

I baked this week too!-in 114 degree weather...lol.

LOVE the cupcakes, cant wait to see the layout ;)

and those sneak peaks are so cute!-cant wait to see it all b

Christen said...

The cupcakes look yummo. I like the retro mixer, haha.

Nicole said...

oooooooooh...

cupcakes & scrap goodies.

need i say more?! =)

april said...

it all looks soooooooooooooo good :)

Shirls said...

Yummy cupcakes:)Those sneak peeks look good too:)

Anilu Magloire said...

Love the pics and the close up pics are so pretty!

Barb said...

Not sure which I love more. . .
cupcakes?
sneak peek?

RoriK said...

Caroline I was feeling like making cake yesterday too...didnt have the time though,ugh. I love the creations you made :) TFS

Tracy said...

mmm...cupcakes!
we tried to watch the meteor showers the other night, but it was too cloudy.

nadine said...

it was too cloudy for the meteor shower here. :(

those cupcakes look yummy!

Séverine said...

Believe it or not but we don't know the cupcakes here... it's so sad because I LOVE to see them on internet and yours seems especially SO good! yum yum!

Did I already say how I love to come and visit your blog?! ;-)

Vee said...

love your sneaks of the sept. kit!!
awesome pics and the cupcakes look lovely :)

ali m said...

Yum! Cupcakes!! Loving the little sneak peaks.. making me want to scrap but I am on vaction right now for another week.

Elle's Studio said...

I saw your sneak peaks over at the studio and they are awesome!! I can't wait for that kit - it looks so fun!!

kokopuffs said...

um Caro, I think you can buy red velvet cake mix already made...can't you? unless you were doing it from scratch then I don't know.

but I love me some frosting no doubt.

your sneaky peeky looks so good. do I really need to subscribe to another kit???

Pound said...

are we taking over the world again???
p.s. you can buy red velvet mix.

i wanna see the whole l/o!!! looks good.

nichole said...

mmmm..i love me some red velvet cuppy cakes! :) they look delicious!
and the Studio Calico stuff looks SO great!! love your sneak peeks!
have a great day, c! :)

Cheryl Wray said...

I would LOVE a cupcake right now! They look fabulous!
And the sneak peeks look gorgeous too!!

Jenna said...

Wow, just got finished browsing through your blog, and I just have to say your picture-taking skills are A-MAZING! So are your SB LO's, but wow, I need some photography lessons from you, haha!

Michelle said...

Yummy sneak peaks!! LOVE the cupcake digikits! TOO CUTE!

Waleska said...

yum! I've been craving cupcakes this past week too but it's too hot to bake!

SC looks awesome! can't wait to see the details :)

Breanne Crawford said...

loving the sneaks!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Idle Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Easily Search Movies, PC Games, Music, Applications & Download Them at Blazing Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]