Friday, August 17, 2007

a new toy

after talking about it for over 3 months, i finally pulled the trigger got a new lens for my camera. it's been a while since i started talking about it, that it's become known as "it" around here (the boys would constantly ask me, "did you buy IT yet?")

it rocks. it gives me more flexibility than my 50mm (even though i end up shooting with a focal length of about 50mm anyway), it's amazingly sharp, and the color is awesome. it's also fast, with an aperture of 2.8, which is awesome for its price!

we went out after i got the lens, so i got to play with it today. here are a bunch of test shots. most of them have no editing on them (except resizing and watermarking), which is really liberating...a few have a little bit of tinkering, though.















and these are from yesterday (with my old lens). it was our buddy allen's birthday, so we celebrated. lots of funny moments. hehe.






really excited because at this time next week, i'll be up in norcal, pigging out and not melting in really crappy weather. can't wait! :)

have a good one :)

18 comments:

Christen said...

FIIIRRRRSSST to comment!

Hooray for Tamron!

Anonymous said...

Nice pix with my camera can take that LOL xD

Anonymous said...

**wish**

jess said...

yay for you!!!
Looks like you had fun with your new lens!!! great photos!!!
Xx Jess

Nicole said...

love that you have friends who 'get it', lol! great pics, and happy b-day to your friend =)

Jocelyn said...

wow gorgeous pictures!!
congrats on your new lens. that's awesome.

Davinie said...

Super photos with your new lens!
I love princess hat on the birthday boy. LOL!

amy said...

ohhhhhhhhh fab fab

Cindee said...

Congrats on your new lens!! is this a wide angle? I've been wanting a good wide angle lens and i sure can't afford the canon L lens, lol!!!

Peggy Severins said...

Congrats on your new lens. I need to go shopping for another as well, my favorite broke not too long ago :( Great pictures too.

Pound said...

lemme borrow your camera for a bit... :P then my pics can look purty.

and ya, this weather is totally craptastic.

Breanne Crawford said...

those photos are AMAZING.

Barb said...

Congrats on the big purchase!
Love the bubble shots.

~Nancy~ said...

Congrats on your new toy girlie!! And you ROCKED the pics again.. wooowwwwwww!!!!!

Anilu Magloire said...

Super cool pics. have fun with IT :)

Ali M said...

Great photos Caroline! I just got the Nikon 24-85 mm 2.8 -4.0.. I needed a wide angle as well, its just weird though because it doesn't automatically got down to 2.8 so I need to figure it out.

RiNNE said...

cool pics yo!

Chriselda said...

comment

and why aren't these raw???