Wednesday, November 14, 2007

the buildings shade the masquerade

so i got to hang out with judy today, and we eventually ended up at starbucks. even though it was over 80 degrees outside (crazy so-cal weather), i ordered myself a gingerbread latte - yay!

and then while waiting for our orders, we spotted this really cool paper tree decoration. i thought "this is cute, and i can totally make this with my scrap supplies." i was totally inspired, and we ran off to j's and target to pick up a styrofoam cone, pins, sequins, and a star top.

an hour later, we came up with these:

(judy's tree)


(my tree)


(close-up)

so, so fun. and these wintery heidi grace papers were perfect for this project.

'twas a fun afternoon. gotta love starbucks sometimes :)

have a good one :)

17 comments:

Pound said...

cute trees!!!
i need to try the gingy latte. and ya, wth is up w/ this weather??
every yr it's like summer at thanksgiving now.

Nicole said...

love them both...especially the sparklys!!

Jill said...

I love these trees!! I might make one for my office! how cute! :)

Vee said...

they are so cute!! :)

Waleska said...

ohhh these are cool! I'm so going to copy you :D

a.l. clark said...

This is so cute, a great variation of the button & tree craft project. I totally want to try this now!

Michelle said...

They are so cute!!! Love all the bling on them!!!

ali mclaughlin said...

Love those Caroline! I just saw those at Starbucks too.

Chrissy Le said...

That is so beautiful!! WOW!! I love everything you do!

melissa said...

how fun and creative! love it :D

christiane said...

hey, like what i see here!! love your little trees!! :))

Barb said...

Starbucks - supplying coffee and inspiration the world over.

I so need to make some trees.

casey boyd said...

These trees are gorgeous, I'm like Nik, love the sparklies!

kokopuffs said...

okay i think i'm gonna make some now too...along with all the other projects I wanna do!

they came out very cute by the way. did you buy the lightup stars at J's or T's?

Christy said...

I SO love these trees... just fabulous my friend! :)

Jenny said...

I love that idea.. cute trees! :)

Anabelle said...

Could these be any cuter??? LOVE them!!!