Sunday, November 25, 2007

a shadow world of painted girls and marionettes

yeah yeah, i know, i haven't blogged in over a week.

thanksgiving weekend 2007 went something like this: boba and spicy chicken. "first time," lip syncing, gloves and hilarious expressions.pumpkin cheesecake. turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing (no chestnut :( ), and wii (which was actually kinda, uh, exhausting). graffiti on a touchpad. "BART BOY!" lots of laughs. portos. portos closed. souplantation. chicken noodle soup. blueberry muffins. compton. incompetent circuit city workers. boys and cars. target. the office. elaine's new camera. manicures. room arrangements and fate. fried chicken, ribs, and cornbread. a 22nd birthday. comedians. strawberry fantasy and pineapple&malibu. "martha stewart day." jo-ann. beads and wire. cupcakes and frosting. christmas cards. chili dog and chili cheese fries.

all this and i only took 30 or so pictures.

i am thankful for a lot of things this year. family. this crazy thing called scrapbooking. my crazy friends. and so much more. the best part of this weekend had to be hanging out with everyone and sharing lots of fun moments together. it was kind of nice to just take part in the festivities and not be clicking away behind the camera, for once.

so in the process, i picked up a new hobby. i blame it on the fact that jo-ann's had their whole beading aisle at 40% off. well that and while everyone else wanted to make christmas cards, i didn't feel like paper crafting. i'm no anilu, but this is fun. (it might also just be a phase. hah)


have a good one :)

13 comments:

Magpie said...

I think your earrings are pretty sweet. Long ago I got a seaglass jewelry kit for pennies on the dollar and made myself a few pairs of earrings. Still wear them. Still get compliments on them. And I am no Anilu either. But isn't it neat to make something you can wear and enjoy?

Vee said...

I love your earrings!! the colors are beautiful!!

Debbi said...

You were a busy girl. Love the earrings. Love the blue

Tina said...

cute! I like the circle ones!

Anilu Magloire said...

You are too funny, C!! I love your creations!!

a.l. clark said...

I am totally loving the earrings! I'm with you, those half off sales in the bead aisle get me every time.

MsGrace said...

I was busy too so I get it. I loved all the family in town, but I am also glad they are gone...lol.
love the earrings!!

Davinie said...

Oh my gosh, you rocked those earrings! So fun!

Even though it's a bummer that you don't have photographic documentation... sometimes it's fun to leave the camera in the bag and just enjoy the fun being had. I'm glad you had a great weekend!

Barb said...

Cool earrings! Love the blue!

melissa said...

what fun earrings!! :D

sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I was at circuit city and target on black friday too. where you crazy like me standing in line at 3am?

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Looks like you had lots of fun this past holiday weekend! Love the earrings — the color is fab! :-)

Pound said...

beading is addicting. i remember my mom went through a phase we had beads up the $^!(* for a while. :P
cute earrings. i'll trade ya for a monkey jajaja. :P

Amy Hummel said...

Awesome layouts!!! And those earrings... gorgeous!