Tuesday, December 11, 2007

to be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.

oh san francisco. oh norcal. how i love thee.


smiled at the flower stands.


drank peet's.


had breakfast+bailey's coffee at the buena vista.


rode cable cars


went to a radio concert full of a bunch of 16-year-olds, couldn't escape the pit, and got trampled. i'm getting too old.


saw jimmy eat world own everyone else. spoon was also very good, but i was very annoyed during their set so i couln't enjoy it as much as i wanted to. both bands must be seen again, because the sets were way too short. everyone else was either average or terrible.


decked out in cold weather gear.


ice skated outdoors at the embarcadero (yes, i flew up with my own skates). someone proposed at center ice, which was really cute.


fell in love with san francisco during the holiday season.


window shopped.


trekked out to chinatown.


cruised by the gorgeous city hall


had a lovely time hanging with these two.

walked around. people watched. roamed around. roamed berkeley. shot with my point-and-shoot for one day (it was kind of liberating). took my usual visit to scrapbook territory. met the mysterious "bartboy" (inside joke). missed alcatraz...twice. rode subways, munis and barts. walked around union square. had my topdog and la burrita - at 1am (which is the best). drove to napa. ate dim sum. had yummy cream puffs from beard papa (which also exist in so-cal, but they are indeed good). laughed lots. talked lots.


fell in love all over again.

i *heart* san francisco.
i miss it already. (but i know i'll be back very soon)

17 comments:

Tina said...

you look so cute :) I love your brown purse!! and I just love fresh flowers....this makes me want to visit Cali!

kokopuffs said...

I'm going up for Christmas...and this post makes me yearn to get up there!

kokopuffs said...

and those flower stands in Downtown SF? I got all my dance flowers from there...so super cheap yet really good quality.

gotta love it...

Jessica F said...

I love, love, love SF too. Your pictures made me miss it! I've never been there around Christmas time- so pretty!

Vee said...

love your scarf, you do so so cute!! i love sanfran, ahhhh must go back soon! love your pictures and aren't their flower stands the best?! ;)

Anilu Magloire said...

How cool! Love the pics as always. I've always wanted to visit San Francisco.

Barb said...

Okay. How totally fun.

Candice P.J. said...

You are my new hero - I never even considered the fact that there would be a Beard Papa's in SoCal. I just googled it and now I am SO happy!!!

ps. It's just a coincidence that all my posts talk about food, I swear...

Scrapdragons said...

Awesome photos...I love San Francisco too. Too bad it is so hard for me to get there from Jersey as often as I would like to.

Laura

Anonymous said...

I love to read your blog - I am a fan of your scrapbook style. Loved the photos of SF they are gorgeous. I've never been during the Christmas holiday. Thanks for sharing!

Je said...

Love all the photos, they're gorgeous!

Your Favorite Cousin! said...

Aww... all this time in SF and I bet you didn't even visit or call your cousin...poor stephanie, connor, katie,..and Jerry too. =oP

Pound said...

i love sf too. just don't like the cold :P
now gimme some fos!

melissa said...

awesome pics! I SO SO want to go to San Fran. badly

Michelle Guray said...

sweet! ♥ all the pics!!!

ali mclaughlin said...

loving all your pics Caroline!

Christy said...

You are so cute, C! Sounds like you had a wonderful time... loved looking through all your fabulous photos! Makes me want to go to San Fransisco again. :)