aventures at roy's:
- the waiter was coveting a dSLR (specifically, the 40D), and so he was amused while taking group pics of us and playing with my camera. he ended up taking, like, 5 shots:
(unfortunately it was really really dark and i had to use flash for all these food shots, which is tricky...and makes me want an external flash even more)
- i had this crunchy winter roll for my appetizer. it was shrimp tempura, avocado, shiso, curry aioli sauce and some other stuff and it was delicious:
- a few of us had this miso-glazed salmon salad, which was also delicious. the salmon was soooo tender and flavored just right:
- my main dish: crab dynamite...which wasn't actually crab (the sauce was crab-based). it was sashimi inside some seared fish. it was awesome. so, so good.
- for dessert, most of us got the warm chocolate souffle. let's just say...it was heavenly.
- one of us opted for this praline thing. it was like flan, but also quite good.
- we ended up in a huge food coma:
ah, restaurant week. i loved you. i wish i could've tried more places. now can next year's be here already?