headed over to the huntington library this afternoon to take advantage of free admission, walk around, take pictures, and admire cherry (or are they?) blossoms.
it's been a year since i last went, so it was fun!
i also tracked down some girl scout cookies. samoas (or caramel delights, or whatever they're called now) and lemon chalet creme. i would've gotten thin mints but i'm still recovering from peppermint joe joes and didn't want something minty. however, i'm sure i will pick up a box before the season ends, because i think thin mints are the BEST of the bunch! (a certain someone begs to differ, though).
'twas a good day.
so celeste tagged me to list seven random facts about myself, so here goes:
- i went to japanese school every saturday for nine years. it meant that i couldn't do fun activities on saturdays, or have go to sleepovers on friday nights. plus, i had additional "j-school" homework. i hated it. i'm still bitter about it.
- i sometimes buy clothes in the kids' department. hey, i'm tiny. i like buying jeans there because they're shorter (and cheaper).
- i really wanted to be a horse jockey when i was, like 10. actually, i was really into thoroughbread racing when i was growing up, because my dad followed it. my cousins like to reminisce that when i was 3, i liked to yell out "and away they go" and pretend to be on a horse.
- i cry like a baby every time i chop onions. it's a huge problem everytime i make FOS (french onion soup). ugh.
- i'm a lefty. no one in my immediate family is a lefty, so everyone thinks i'm an anomaly. they also tried to switch me in japanese school (since japanese writing goes right to left, and therefore being righty is easier), but i eventually went back to being lefty.
- i am currently craving mexican food. yep.
- right now, i'm obsessed with eating ritz crackers with strawberry cream cheese. my favorite snack at the moment (yes, i realized that half of these facts are food-related).
i'm supposed to tag 7 people: linda, jamie, nik, nic, davinie, ali, hillary.
tomorrow i see them. yep. again.
have a good one :)