Saturday, April 26, 2008

it's a blue, bright blue saturday

i was at my grandma's house again today, and it was around sunset time - perfect, warm lighting. i thought it might be a good time to experiment with some flare...unfortunately, i failed but i kinda like them, anyway.



normal shots:



and of course, the dog got chased around by my camera. i think she hates me now :)





i put my 50mm lens back on my camera (all the photos above were shot with it)...mostly because it weighs half of my other lens. it's kinda fun to play with it again...but it feels weird to have to zoom with my feet again. and i forget that i can't get as close as i can with the tamron. but then i realized how much this lens rocks :)

off to a baby shower to hang out with the fam tomorrow...then hanging out at the studio calico. and i am really, really looking forward to next weekend.

have a good one :)

7 comments:

Akinol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
island girl said...

oohhh..i love these photos....and i want that 50mm lens even more now...

Tina said...

love that little rainbow action in the first one..pretty!

april said...

I'm definitely going to have to get some pointers from you at CHA...I must learn to use my camera better

Pound said...

cute dog!!! your gramma has a lot of orchids :P
and i love my 50 too. i'm lazy too though, i get a lot of closeups cuz i'm too lazy to zoom out w/ my feet.

Christy said...

Oooh! Gorgeous photos my friend! That puppy is ADORABLE!!! I am sooo wanting a 50mm lens. Sigh... someday. ;)

Davinie said...

That dog is too cute to hate. Those flower photos are great.

Think of the 50mm as a workout lens. Lunges even. try that next time.

Heading NORTH next weekend?