Saturday, September 06, 2008

shake down, you make me break

the LA county fair opened today, so we took advantage of $1 admission and frolicked. we ate waaaay too much deep-fried food. in fact, almost everything we ate today was deep fried! we tried the deep-fried spam, which was new this year:


sampled some deep-fried oreos:


and had a deep-fried twinkie, which was a favorite of mine from last year:



unfortunately, they did not have the krispy kreme chicken sandwich this year (i surprisingly enjoyed it last year). boooo.

we also had an onion blossom (or blooming onion)...mmmm....


and a huge red velvet cupcake, which was soooo yummy.




i'd read in the paper that they had a new stand this year selling muffin-sized cupcakes. i thought this was the one, since the cupcakes were quite huge, but unfortunately, it wasn't. hopefully, they'll be there next year so i can hunt them down :)

we also wanted a big turkey leg and a deep-fried snickers, but we were all too full from all of the above. next time...

we hopped into a photo booth:


and of course, rode the ferris wheel:




'twas a fun day!


have a good one :)

15 comments:

Rene' Sharp said...

Looks like you had a ball!!! Love your latest lo's. Enjoy whats left of your weekend.

Christy said...

Deep fried twinkie--YUMMY! Sounds like you girls had a wonderful time. Loving your ferris wheel photos... they turned out amazing!
xoxo

Pound said...

how was fried spam? man that's a lot of fried. :P

mommy2alex said...

Oh now I'm hungry!!!
Looks like a fun time though and love your pictures of the rides at night.

Rita said...

That is a lot of fried food! LOVE the ferris wheel pic! So amazing!

aimee said...

oh wow! what fun! love me some fried food! fried oreos....yum
i'm glad i'm not the only one who takes pics of my food. my hubby thinks i'm crazy when i do that.

Belinda Venables said...

Check out that food....hehe! So different to what we have over here! :D

Belinda
xx

Denise said...

Caroline, it sounds like you were at the Minnesota State Fair with all that deep fried food you had. Well, they would need to be on a stick to be authenticate to MN. Num...deep fried Twinkies and oreos. You'll be glad you skipped the Snickers. That is a little too much.

Love your stunning photos!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

I'm sorry.. deep friend WHAT?? Oreos?? Goodness... so sinful!! I want some LOL...

Jeanne said...

Our big multi state fair is in a couple weeks and we can't wait to go. See all those deep fried yummy goodies on our menu too and I hear there's to be deep fried bologna sandwiches too. Your pics on the midway are great as well!

jill said...

i do love fried food, but that is a LOT of fried food. also, your new boy is HOT!

lisadickinson said...

oooooh this was not a good day to stop by your bloggeroo...those deep fried photos are not helping my self-imposed Slim-Fast day :P

Jill said...

Dude. Fried spam? Hahaha...I'm pretty sure that spam, tempura-style would be a hit around here. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that Krispy Kreme sandwich though. Weeeeird.

scrapandthecity said...

these food are just heavenly for an annual treat! love friend oreos and i want to try on of those chicken sandwiches! oh my!
s.

Queen of Paper said...

That is so funny about the fried food! I think everyone eats way to much at the fair :) after all... how can you not? it's all so YUMMY!

SO I also went to the LA fair ,but I went the day before you ;) My kids home school and fair had a deal for us {the home school groups get in a day early -Friday} :) It's funny because I have pics of the same rides.

Too bad we missed each other. LOL my only cali scrappy friend!

I can't wait for next time. I so heart the fair!