- before i left so-cal, i insisted that we have a bonfire at the beach. as much as i love it up north, the beaches just aren't the same - too cold, and bonfires aren't so common. so we headed out to huntington beach/bolsa chica, which was actually kind of cold and windy (go figure. that, plus i decided wearing shorts at night at the beach was a great idea. go, me!), but we got a nice little fire going.
i also got to chase around mario and jen around with a camera around sunset time...this was probably my favorite of the bunch:
you can see more here.
mario also got this awesome jumping shot of me and amy:
- right before i left to go back to norcal, i got to see the boys (remember our weekly photo outings back in the day? yeah). it had been a while since i hung out with them, let alone seen them, so it was fun. and half of us always had a camera in front of our fact. i guess some things never change?
- came back to san francisco for a day, then headed back out to the cabin for the long weekend. we mostly just chilled on the lake, but we did go out to the south grove of big trees briefly (it was 95 degrees and we didn't feel like hiking 3 miles).
must go back again, when it's cooler.
- saw fireworks while we were up there!
- back again in san francisco, i hung out at the MOMA on free museum day. it was same 'ol (a lot of new stuff doesn't open til the end of this month or the beginning of next month), but i did check out the rooftop garden, where there was a blue bottle coffee stand (i'm kinda obsessed with this stuff now. mmmm)!
- took a
sometimes, i really, really love this place. this was one of them.
- apparently, they have these film nights in the park every week at parks in and around the city. yesterday, they showed woody allen's "manhattan" in union square and a couple of us went. it was a cool experience, especially when we were waiting for the movie to start and saw this gorgeous sunset:
so. that's what i've been up to the last two weeks. how about you?
also. i'm making another (short) trip down to so-cal in september. someone asked me if i can do a shoot for them, so i was wondering if anyone else would be interested? if you are, shoot me an e-mail (there's a link in the sidebar to your right >>>).
well then. have a good one :)