Wednesday, November 18, 2009

if i don't let myself be happy now

so i've been scrapping for fun the last few days!

when cheryl invited people to play along with her blog challenges, i decided to play along because a) i haven't scrapped "just because" lately (mostly out of laziness), and b) challenges push me out of the box and bring out some mojo in me. i think i need to do this more often.

this one is to alter your embellishments in some way. i cheated a bit and went digi, since it's much easier to do it that way lol :)

(and yes, that's another playlist LO. i've completely failed at my plan of doing monthly playlists every month again this year - blame it on the fact that i lost my ipod on a plane at the beginning of theyear, and i had computer woes soon after - but i really hope to do them again next year!)

use song lyrics as your title. i used some from jimmy eat world's "for me this is heaven" - which i've been listening to pretty much all day long. this one's also hybrid - something i haven't done in a while!


scraplift a layout you did over a year ago. this one was done almost two years ago, and it's one i never posted. i couldn't pick one out of my gallery at 2 peas (and they were a bunch of stuff i pulled down for publication, and i didn't feel like hunting those down), so i went back and found this, which was party of my HOF entry the last time they had the contest.

(i've held onto those photos for over 2 years too - i kept meaning to scrap them, but never got around to it. it's been a long while since i saw them in concert, too - they haven't really come out this way lately. hmph.)

this is the original (i know the lift came out nothing like it, hah)


that's all for now :) thanks for the fun, cheryl!

6 comments:

RiNNE said...

Love 'em all!

Vel said...

I wanted to tell you that your work amazes me! Thanks for the inspiration!

cheryl said...

i love them. times a million. :D so so pumped your are playing with us!

:: gingerkitty :: said...

love the yellows and oranges you are using

namaste
Melina

living, creating, and appreciating
~my blog
Daisy girl for Color Me Daisy

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Stefanie said...

Hello I just blog hopped here to your little corner and reading that you enjoy challenges, thought I'd invite you to play along with one of ours... www.journalingjunkie.blogspot.com would be great if you did.