Thursday, December 30, 2010

holiday, oh holiday, the best one of the year

in the midst of all the holiday season craziness at work, christmas totally ended up sneaking up on me and passing me by.

i love san francisco around the holidays. everything is just so festive and pretty :) i didn't get to enjoy it and take it in as much as i would've liked, since things were CRAZY the last month, but i did get to go out and enjoy it some.

we went ice skating in union square...



i'm an ice skating nerd from my childhood wanna-be kristi yamaguchi days. and i adore outdoor rinks. this year, we went skating in union square. to be surrounded by that tree and the ginormous macy's all lit up in the background? perfection. i love the "skating in the city" vibe. i need to get myself over to rockefeller one of these days...

in front of the ginormous tree...


one day, a couple friends called up and asked if i wanted to go with them to drive around to see some christmas lights. i said ok. i had just gotten off work, so i didn't have my "real" camera with me, but i tinkered with my point & shoot and played around with some bokeh...fun!



anyways, i'm finally on vacation and have spent the last week or so in so-cal. what am i doing? to sum it up in a nutshell - sleeping and EATING. seriously. it feels like my pants have shrunken again! my plan is to indulge until i get back to SF right after new years, and then go on a diet of sorts, so it's all good.

hope you had a very merry christmas! i can't believe there's only 2 more days left in 2010!

one of the things i'm excited about in 2011? this. :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Mmm...bokeh...pretty pretty! I haven't quite mastered it yet...sigh...

Trude said...

Can't believe you got those shots with a P&S! So pretty! And I love the cute hat you're wearing. :) I meant to get up to Pershing Square this year but never made it - next year maybe!

*reyanna klein* said...

Fun! We went around and looked at Christmas lights too. Very fun! But we didn't bring a camera. LOL. We did bring hot tea to keep us warm though! ;-)