Saturday, May 14, 2011

you say goodbye, i say hello

so today was my last day working in a mall. this is what i wore:


cardi: target. dress: cotton candy (via ambiance). leggings: forever 21. boots: target. belt: thrifted. necklace: vintage

i'd been working in a ginormous mall, in the heart of union square (where all the ginormous flagship stores are) for the last 8 months. it was dangerous - so tempting to spend your paycheck there!

i recently accepted a promotion at our company's other store, and i start there next week. part of me was like "YAY no temptation to spend my entire paycheck shopping." the problem is that the other store is on a street with a bunch of cute boutiques. my friend alice had been telling me about one of said boutiques, ambiance, saying that i MUST check it out because they had tons of cute stuff.

i was in the area on my day off last week, so i decided to stop in. ooooomigoodness, she was right. TONS of cute stuff.

i managed to only walk out with this dress (on sale, no less!!!) and an adorable pair of flats that i could wear to work (i haven't actually worn them yet, though). but i seriously wanted to buy out the whole store.


i am soooooooooooooooooooo screwed. sigh.

anyways. this is my outfit from yesterday...



cardi: m. klein (from japan). tank: target. pants; h&m. flats: payless. belt: thrifted. necklace: forever 21.

i've had this tank for about 3 years now. i briefly thought about getting rid of it, but decided i still kinda liked it so i kept it. besides, that coral color is trendy right now, and i love the print. it's kind of summery and fun! i usually wear it with yellow, but i decided i would switch things up a bit and went for the blue cardi. i like!

i also got to see leila broussard and terra naomi last night...they are both quite awesome and have pretty amazing voices!!!




it was my second time seeing leila (accidentally discovered her at another show), and i hadn't ever heard of terra (but she was apparently the first big youtube star?), but i really enjoyed both girls.


got to chat with and take a pic with leila too. she's awesome.

8 comments:

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Congrats on your promotion, that's awesome!

Love seeing your outfits - makes me want to try a little harder to be cute :)

hurricanekerrie said...

Yeah, congrats on the promotion!

I love that orange and blue combination! I've never tried it myself but your take on it looks so cute. :)

Sara Shoemaker said...

love both outfits! congrats on the promotion!! I really really love that red dress :) I know what it's like to work where you just want to spend money! it's a gift, And a curse haha.

House of Shoes

SewPetiteGal said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion!!! I really love that polka dotted dress! Also love your color combos and how you incorporate your belting - it results in flattering, beautiful ensembles :)

Lydia Marie said...

That dress is so cute! Congrats on the new job too!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

Morgan said...

Super cute girl! I love it!

Meet Virginia Design
Check out my $50 Giveaway from Shopkempt!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

you are adorable :)

Eclectic Flair said...

My philosophy is...it's impossible to resist a cute polkadot dress!!! :D

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair