Wednesday, July 06, 2011

california english (19/30)

day off spent in the sun...





cardi: h&m. top: kensie girl. skirt: forever 21. boots: target. belt: thrifted. necklace: forever 21.

i love the ferry building. it's one of my favorite spots in SF, because of the abundance of good food. it was a nice day today (although you wouldn't know it if you were in my neighborhood, where it was foggy all day long), so i decided to soak up some sun there while getting my foodie on. i picked up some lunch (i settled on a chicken pot pie from the meat co. there, although there were 10 other things that i also wanted to eat), coffee from blue bottle, and some treats from miette (where the girl complimented my outfit), sat myself on a bench overlooking a gorgeous view of the bay bridge, and ate it all. seriously, if i could spend every single day at the ferry building, i would. so much deliciousness there. i almost want to go back tomorrow. seriously.

it also made me want to go back to seattle really soon to eat my way through pike place a bit more.

speaking of seattle, i wore a replica of this outfit while i was there, but since i didn't do an official outfit post on it, wasn't doing 30 for 30, AND wore peep-toes instead of boots and a different necklace when i wore it then, i decided to repeat it. (i am full of excuses, aren't i?). the skirt is the last clothing item that had yet to be worn in my 30. the only other unworn item in my 30 is a pair of heels. perhaps i need to go out sometime and throw the heels on instead of my usual flats or wedges.

in other news...this went up a couple days ago, but i got to participate in the 4th anniversary over at studio calico. they brought back a couple of us former designers for the celebration to come up with challenges on their blog. i had fun playing with one of their kits again - it's been awhile! i got to play with their july kit, mind the gap, and i adored the color combination in it!

it's crazy to see how much they've grown since i first got that phone call from april asking if i wanted to join her in this new venture of hers. i always look back on my time there fondly, and i miss those girls (and make sure to say hi to them every time i'm at CHA!).

anyhow, here is my layout. my challenge was to scrap a to-do list, and i took that opportunity to finally finish my 27 before 27 list, and document it on a scrapbook page:

and here is the list:
1. build some savings.
2. buy a sewing machine and learn to sew.
3. cook once a week
4. master 10 new recipes
5. go to the opera, symphony and ballet.
6. go to napa
7. go to santa cruz
8. go to a show at the greek theater and the fox theatre.
9. discover 5 new bands
10. go to a music festival.
11. date.
12. pick up jewelry making
13. take a trip to a new destination
14. go back to seattle, and take side trips to portland + canada
15. learn to walk in heels
16. re-read the harry potter series
17. master the art of cappuccino making
18. get afternoon tea at crown & crumpet and/or lovejoy’s.
19. eat at gary danko
20. take another dance class
21. exercise regularly.
22. get a passport.
23. go to a new stadium
24. go to a dodger game
25. participate in a 30 for 30 challenge
26. knit something other than a scarf.
27. organize scrapbooking stuff into a manageable fashion.

i'm obviously doing #25 right now, and i am about to do #22, so i think i'm off to a good start. :)

6 comments:

Jill said...

That skirt is SO cute! Want. My workplace dress code won't allow us to wear skirts above the knee, though, so I tend to buy longer skirts and dresses. Bummer.

Great goals! I can't wait to see the food photography for #19. As for #27 on your list, I have the same goal. I've had it since 2003. ;)

dotty said...

i'm turning 27 in the fall, so this list is giving me inspiration to try some new things before then!

p.s. that yellow skirt: YES!

dash dot dotty

Amber Rose, Laughing With Broken Eyes said...

You are lovely, and a summer vision~

JenPics said...

Caroline, great job ! Esp. luv the 2nd & 3rd shot....looks like u don't need me. lol I just created a new photography website, ck it out & tell me what u think :)

Christy said...

I love your #15--I too am trying to deal with heels. So far, in two years I've stepped up my game from 1" heels to 2 1/2" heels. Barely. I have a feeling it's going to be a very long term goal for me!

Lydia Marie said...

Oh man, all the food in the ferry building is so awesome! And I've been meaning to do a list like this too, yours has a lot of great stuff on it!

Shopping and Spreadsheets