Tuesday, July 05, 2011

fast blood (18/30)



this really should be outfit 19, but since i didn't get a chance to document the one 30 for 30 outfit i wore over the weekend, i now have two outfits in my 30 for 30 vault that i can throw on the next time i have no idea what to wear.

anyway, this is what i wore today because it was supposed to be 75 degrees out today. which it was, at one point during the day. however, i had to cheat and throw on a short-sleeve cardi since i am technically not allowed to wear sleeveless things at work and i felt like it would be too warm to wear one of the long-sleeved variety in my 30.

then the fog rolled in. and boy, it rolled in fast and THICK.



cardi: moth (thrifted). top: banana republic (via crossroads). skirt: bcbg (thrifted). shoes: payless. necklace: forever 21.

yes, i was FREEZING when i was taking these, so i was super quick. (notice how the first sleeveless set was taken indoors). this is in sharp contrast to the 94-degree weather that i spent yesterday in.

i am trying to play around a little bit more in my color combinations, and i don't think i originally would have paired the orange/coral with the cherry red/hot pink, but i went for it and i kinda like it.

we spent our 4th at the alameda county fair in pleasanton, where summer actually exists. i can't remember the last time i actually was in 94-degree heat. this confirms my belief that i can never, ever live in LA again - too hot! i think the SF fog has spoiled me. anyways, despite the melting, we had a ball.



(why are boys so awkward when they pose for a group picture?)


we ate deep-fried butter. i had it last year in san diego, and that one was pretty amazing, but this was of a different variety and not as good. oh well.

we then ooh-ed and aah-ed over some fireworks.




(i wish i had a tripod so i could play with long exposure, but these will do).

all in all, good day.

i've got the next 2 days off work...it's feels like i never get 2 days off in a row (unless i request them off to go somewhere) that i almost don't even know what to do with myself. i think i might need to catch up on some dexter. and sleep in until noon.

good times.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Great pics! I can never get the Fireworks pics just right. Maybe a tripod is the answer, but I never have it with me when I actually need it. Figures.

I didn't know you were a Dexter fan. I LOVE that show.

Keira L. said...

I'm glad you braved the bold color mixing, because it looks great on you! I need to do this more often myself :)

dotty said...

the coral and red look great together! even if the cardigan isn't part of your thirty, it makes for a great combination!

Monica Whitney said...

I love that high-waisted bow! It is so so fabulous!

Enter our giveaway for a $50 Visa Card!

Jen said...

Caroline,
Your pictures at the fair r awesome !! So colorful & I luv the ones u took of the fireworks -excellent.
The first 2 images hav that vintage feel. The cool vignette effect is a + too (don't give away that secret, lol)

Eclectic Flair said...

Looks like you had such a great 4th! These pictures are great!

Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

Lydia Marie said...

I love the colors in that top outfit! I need to be more brave in my color combinations. And sounds like you had a fun 4th!

Shopping and Spreadsheets

Eli said...

ooh cute outfit! I had the same dilemma yesterday when it suddenly got foggy. We had dinner in Japantown and when we got out it was so cold and foggy, we went straight home! We had gone to the Alameda flea on Sunday and were dying over how hot it was over there!

HazelandMare said...

Hehe, deep fried butter?! I didn't know that existed! But I bet it is sinfully amazing!

I am so jealous of your 75 degree days, and the fog makes for really pretty photos!