Monday, August 08, 2011

i'm ready so don't stop

excuse my absence. apparently, doing 30 for 30 sucked out all the "i want to look cute today" outfit mojo out of me, because i have spent most of the last week wearing super uncreative outfits. i think staring at alllll the clothes i have and can finally wear has been overwhelming me. i think it also has something to do with the fact that it has been cold and dreary here and i can barely get myself out of bed every morning because it is cooooold.

seriously, where is the friggin sun? it's august for chrissake.

i am full of excuses lately. but anyhow, i am baaaaack!

i've taken photos of a couple of the ensembles that i've worn lately, so i have a little queue of outfits. here is one...



cardi: anthro. dress + belt: forever 21. leggings: forever 21. shoes: payless. necklace: forever 21.

this is my "i woke up 2 minutes before i usually leave the house and still made it to work on time" look. it took a lot of hustling and running but i made it on time - even i was impressed with myself...although all that running made me realize exactly HOW out of shape i am. this cardi has been getting a lot of wear lately because it's been chilly (gotta love SF summers) and it's cozy. leggings have been getting a lot of wear lately too.

i got this dress about a month ago and i love the stripes. and the fact that it is super versatile AND comfy. and it was only $15. awesomeness. what's funny is that my coworker also got one in a different color, so apparently we are twinsies. haha.

anyways, i should shut up and quit complaining about the weather here because i am sure it will be SUPER hot and SUPER humid once i get to japan in exactly two weeks - i am sooooo excited! i am counting down the days (and especially workdays) until i leave. woot!

someone needs to remind me that i probably need to stop buying cute things to wear when i get there (my excuse is that it's always cold here so i have nothing to wear in hot weather), because i will probably buy tons of cute clothes when i'm actually IN japan.  oh dear.

5 comments:

kelleyjohnson07 said...

It must REALLY be cold over there, because these look like fall clothes. As a Phoenix desert dweller I for one am filled with envy. Cute sweater by the way :)

Also, I have your Japan problem but in reverse. I am going to Europe in the fall and I know it is going to be pretty cold. I have no idea what I will pack but I suddenly feel like I need lots of scarves, sweaters, and mittens that I will wear for two weeks and then never again... hhhmmm.. Thrifting time perhaps?

Trude said...

You're supposed to shop when you're on vacation! I always save my pennies because I know I'm going to town when I get there. ;) Love that little dress on you, so cute!

kimmie said...

I love knit dresses, so comfy! but I always have the problem of them sticking to my tights/leggings with static. Bugs me to no end :(

Have fun in Japan!! so exciting!

kevin21 said...

newport cigarettes But farmers are strictly against the government and the ruling Democratic cheap newport cigarettes Party of Japan, which plan to transform JT eventually into a fully privatized entity within 10 years. They also showed strong opposition to plans for another round of tobacco tax hikes, adding another $2 per cigarette.cheap newport cigarettes

requirebuyer said...

When you buy a pair of shoes fromOnitsuka Tiger Shoes, another pair is donated to needy children in different parts of the world. The lack of Vibram Five Fingers Shoes can contribute to the spread of disease and the prevention of educational opportunities, Franklin and Marshall T-shirtsand the company aims to reduce those problems with its mission. Louis VuittonYou can find comfortable slip-ons or even lace-up boots. The classic true religionstyle is a functional, slip-on canvas loafer.